Donnerstag, 15. Januar 2015

Of wanna-be stars, casting heroes and echoes in eternity...

Hey y'all!


I'm in my last days of university this semester, studying English US & UK culture, German grammar and Spanish grammar and Mesoamerican culture - means: I need a little bit of distraction from time to time (what is quite often because my head is full of dates, places, events, sentence and grammar structures and so on).

But let's focus on what I wanted to tell you. :) As usual, at the beginning of every year, casting shows start to pop up on TV - from singer songwriter contests - where one contestant is worse than the previous one - to starvingly thin models waiting to be found for doing modelling jobs on the catwalks of the world. I clearly see the point of trying to achieve your goals and taking your singer or model career a step further by participating. But if you have absolutely no talent at all, why going there? Could somebody explain that to me!? PLEASE! Do some people honestly believe that they are gifted with whatsoever talent the world urgently needs to know about? Let me show you what I mean and click on the link below...


Even though the video is in German, I am sure you see (and hear) what I mean...
BUT there is at least some light at the end of the tunnel! THANK GOD! By now, I have seen one singer songwriter who really impressed me, whom I could listen to all the time, go to concerts, buy her CDs and so on - and this is X Factor UK's talent Lucy Spraggan back from 2012. I immediately fell in love with her song "Last Night", her genuine and natural kind of behaviour, not stuck up unlike many others. I think the lyrics of this song are hilarious too, just fun to listen to - and maybe some can relate to them when waking up on a crapy Sunday morning... ;) here we go!


Admittingly, there are other bands and musicians whose careers started in a casting show - for instance if you think of Kelly Clarkson, One Direction, Leona Lewis or Paul Potts who probably wouldn't have got so far without winning "Britain's Got Talent" - but there had been some talent beforehand. These would have taken their chances anyways. Others simply shouldn't even dare to step a foot on stage, work on their self-assessment and better weigh their options.

However, there will always be pro and contra when it comes to expressing your opinion on casting shows. Those who are gifted, will make their way and get famous sooner or later... if not, well, there's a reason why it didn't work out.

I'll leave you with another song from Lucy Spraggan now. It is a beautiful, but at the same time sad song too called "Tea and Toast" (there would have been better studio remixed versions, but I like this one the most). Enjoy and have a nice evening!!




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen