Samstag, 3. Januar 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hello my dear readers,

many days (or even weeks) have passed since my last blog entry. After a very stressful time, I finally have time to sit down, collect my thoughts - and blog!

Lately, I have been talking a lot to people who wish that it was not that cold around Christmas and New Year's Eve, people who would prefer that it was hot and sunny instead of cold and snowy. I always wanted that as well - until the day I celebrated the last days of December in Venezuela...

Many parts of my exchange year didn't work out the way I wanted them to, so I got very anxious when Christmas time arrived. However, I experienced my first disappointment very soon and excitement started to fade when I saw that the Christmas tree was about to be decorated with cuddly toys all over. Nothing like baubles and beautiful candles - just cuddly toys and shiny, sparkling glitter. From that point on, I began to miss our way of decorating and celebrating Christmas. I didn't even like the idea of spending these days with sunny, hot weather anymore. Unfortunately, I had no chance to escape that personal nightmare. 
My personal embodiment of the word Christmas and New Year's Eve includes freezingly cold weather, snow, Christmas markets with "glühwein", a tree decorated with baubles, sweets, candles and only a little bit of glitter in and around the house! 
Whenever someone dreams of the opposite, I'm just like: Nope, thank you, not for me! :)

Stay tuned and enjoy your weekend!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen